Job title: Duty Supervisor
Reporting to: Duty Managers and Operations Manager
Salary: Salary: £23,000 - £25,000 DOE, pro rata for a minimum of 20 hours /week
Holiday: 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, pro rata
Working Hours: minimum 20 hours a week with shifts most likely on Sat – Sun: 10am – 3pm &
Mon- Tues: 6pm – 11pm with additional hours available for cover and events
Peckham Levels aims to support local talent and enterprise, and also to create a real community asset for Peckham. We bring our members together with local people, businesses, groups and schools to share the benefits of the space.
All our members are independent businesses, mostly drawn from the local area, and all of them participate in a structured scheme of community projects. Our scheme includes a series of initiatives offering free event space, training, education and employment opportunities for Peckham’s residents. A percentage of all the project's profits will be used to create a Community Fund that invests in local businesses and social projects.
We are a small team with a start-up mentality, where everyone goes beyond the call of duty to achieve our ambitious goals. We are looking for talented, flexible people who aren’t afraid to get their hands dirty and are driven by the opportunity to inspire positive social change. If you think you are the right person to help us, we’d love to hear from you.
Peckham Levels is a subsidiary of Make Shift, a company that designs, builds and manages new public destinations where communities, local entrepreneurs and independent, social businesses come together to trade, learn, grow and collaborate.
- Coordinating security, cleaners and other relevant persons
- Day to day operations, ensuring the smooth running of the site and any events
- Being the main point of contact between the guests, site staff, tenants and Peckham Levels team
- Daily and weekly reporting across facilities and staff budgets, site standards and license objectives.
- Ensuring Peckham Levels’ policies and procedures are adhered to at all times and site wide compliance with our licensing conditions
- Maintaining high standards for health & safety
- Liaising with local police, fire and environmental health organisations during site visits
- Monitoring the footfall, signage, music, temperature, lighting, cleanliness, customer behaviour and all other elements across the public floors
- Acting as an ambassador and host for Peckham Levels
- Flexible to work any other duties needed
This is a start-up environment, so you will have to have the ability to work independently and be proactive. You must be self-organised and confident working methodically and accurately. With a keen eye for detail and high standards, you’ll expect the best from the site staff and ensure everything is running as efficiently as possible. Helping people makes you happy, as does being super-organised and getting things done. You are resourceful and comfortable making decisions and capable of communicating effectively. You’re not only comfortable using technology, but you’ve also got great ideas on how technology can help us work more productively. You will need excellent communication skills and demonstrate the ability to work alongside our internal team of security, maintenance, cleaning and events professionals. You enjoy working within a team as well as with others to make great things happen!
- 2+ years supervisor experience in hospitality, event, venue, festival or hotels
- Academic qualifications of A levels (or equivalent) or higher
- Competent in English, both written and spoken
- Administrative skills including knowledge of Word, Excel and Google Drive
- Personal license holder
- SIA badge holder
- First aid trained
- Fire marshal trained
- Food hygiene trained
- Trained in basic maintenance
- Trained in basic sound tech
- Trained in relevant H&S courses
Application closes: midday 19th September 2018
Please send a CV and cover letter of no more than 300 words to email@example.com
You may be required to complete a task(s) during the interview process. Interviews will likely be w/c 24th September.
We are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.